Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Events



This weekend was a fast and fun one. Lots of goings on.

Max took his first two trips to Anderson Aquatic Center with me (on Saturday) and with me and Ignatius (on Sunday). He absolutely loved the slides in the toddler pool. He wanted to go on the bigger slides today, but I had to convince him that those were for "big, BIG boys." He has no fear... he probably would have gone down the slides. We went in the larger pool, and he was like a fish. At 3, Ignatius clung to me for dear life in a pool. Max would almost rather have me let go. He likes to kick and float. Gotta get this kid some lessons.

Ignatius had Tae Kwon Do testing on Saturday. It lasted quite a long time because they had several black belts testing. How fantastic for him to see, as he has a goal of ninth degree blackbelt. One of his instructors had to try to break 5 cinder blocks. She broke 3 the first try and 2 the second. Perhaps she wanted to NOT break her hand! The slide show shows photos of Ignatius breaking a board with a kick. He makes it look so effortless now. His first tries way "back in the day" were quite unsuccessful.

I love the shot that Scott got of Ignatius "high-fiving" through the line of instructors after he received his purple belt. Thank God for my new Nikon D60. :)

No comments: