Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve - Winter Break, Day 10

Ten glorious days off.  How fantastically awesome.  For whatever reason, I am thoroughly enjoying this break.  Perhaps documenting the days is proof that they really are not "flying" by--that every day has the same 24 hours?  Who knows?  But I'll take it.
Today:
  • Got up.  Cleaned the basement a bit after McDonalds oatmeal and an English Muffin.  
  • Used my Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii for the first time with Kim.  I really liked it.  I like "real" classes better, but when "real" classes are not an option, this is a viable alternative.
  • Cleaned up and headed to Meijer, what I will label as a "zoo."  We were there Tuesday morning and it was dead.  Man I wish I could work from home, so leisurely Tuesday morning Meijer visits were in the realm of doable.  There's always my "breaks."
  • Took some photos for our new "adventure," Move More Eat Well 2012.  I also printed out some of the things we needed for the album.  We needed a photo of the shoes that would be "moving us," and of, well, us.  Here were the money shots:


  • We attended church, where, for whatever reason, I kept getting choked up.  It happens every now and again.  Songs usually.  We sang lots of Mary songs, including Hail Mary, Gentle Woman and What Child Is This?  Heck, even Father Luke got teared up during the Eucharistic Prayer.  Don't know what happened, but he's had quite a year of changes and loss, so I can only imagine which emotion took over.  He's such a good guy.  We are blessed to have him with us.
  • We had some homemade pizzas when we returned.  I will confess, that's my favorite kind of pizza.  However, a bit of cheese fell to the bottom of the oven--enough to cause a puff of smoke--then causing a cranky Scott (he felt I should have gotten the cheese off the 425 degree one bottom, despite it's immediate melting--and, eventually, causing the smoke detectors to go off (thus amplifying Scott's discomfort with the whole situation).  The pizza still tasted great, however. :)
  • Ignatius was invited to see the new Mission Impossible movie at 8:30, so he was dropped off at the theater to meet his friends and a set of parents.  And thus, an Asperger's/teenager moment.  So many things to pack into one social story, as, typically, he goes to the movies with one of us.  How to pay for the ticket?  Do not forget that the money needs to go toward Steak N Shake afterwards.  When at Steak N Shake, you will have to tip.  Here's how you figure that out.  So there I sat, watching my "prepared" son go in to the theater without buying a ticket.  As I exited my car to help, I saw he came back out to the ticket booth, so I did not enter.  I know he has to figure all of this out by himself...I could at age 14 with little dilemmas.  I was not Ignatius.  He survived and enjoyed the evening.  they decided not to go to Steak N Shake, so that portion of the preparation was unneeded.  Next time we're out somewhere, he will be determining the tip. 
  • Watched the ball drop in NYC at 11 after sharing a bottle of Spumante with the man and watching some marathon on BBC America.  Max was sound asleep in his martial pajamas.  It was kind of nice.
On to 2012!  And more Winter Break!

    No comments: