Monday, December 29, 2008

Fabulous at 40 Campaign


Yes, yes. 2009 is, indeed, the year I turn 40. Embracing that reality, we have decided as a family to also make it the year we look into a healthier lifestyle. I seem to have gotten my work life in check... well, in better check than it was. Now, it is time to work on my basic physical well-being.
As part of this campaign, I decided to be more realistic than any of the "food plans" I have tried in my life. They had one main focus: lose weight. Don't lose weight? You failed. Failure and I are not friends. It has been quite discouraging. My "aha!" moment came with this last bout of losing and gaining the same 30 pounds. I have reached the goal, but I have not embraced the habits.
So, throughout the next 8 months, I will post here things I have learned from past experiences, from "hearsay," and from research. My plan is to take one concept of good health at a time. If you choose to read this... fine. If you choose to ignore it... fine, too. It is important that it is helpful to my family. If it helps others, that's an extra-added bonus.
So, a happy 2009 to all! Good luck and good health in this new year.

No comments: