Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fabo at 40: Keeping Track

The supplement regime seems to be going well. At the very least, I have been taking them each day and no adverse effects have come to me, that I know of. I have a cold, but I don't think it was caused by the supplements in any way.

Scott and I started to track our food intake using the Weight Watchers Turnaround Points. This is about the third time I have used a program of Weight Watchers. The company has the most realistic weight loss program, as you are eating "real" foods. The program that we are using I had used a few years back, and I was fairly successful. I lost about 25 lbs., and then I got sloppy, which seems to be my pattern.

This time, I am not doing this to meet a magic number, though that would be nice. I am doing it to get us back in check with our eating. We were relying way too much on take out food. Consequently, our butts and our budget were battered by that. So, last night, I spent quite a bit of money at the grocery store and purchased some food that would benefit our collective health.

It's interesting to actually write down what I eat. It can be somewhat of a controlling factor in my choices. There is also a points value for activity, which will come back into our lives slowly. I got on the elliptical the other day, and Scott and I have done a good deal of shoveling over the last two days. I am not one of those people who can workout through an illness... I would just rather get better, then get with that program.

So, one more step in the walk of good health. I'm off to drink more water!

No comments: