Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Well allrighty then

This was the photo that made tonight's run happen:

Taken at the tail end of the CCHS 5K, when I was pushing myself beyond what I believed I had in me, I noticed something about my stride/stance.  I don't know if it's a common thing, but I was leaning way forward.  WAY forward.  For tonight's run, I tried to stay conscious of that, and when I felt the pull, I had a little chat with my core and my legs.  Core muscles tight, use the leg span and get the legs a bit forward.  Lo and behold!  I could have probably kept running...dare I say to the 10K level...this evening.  That's crazy, as I felt nauseous and migraine-ish off and on today.  The weather was perfect, the sun was setting, and I finally figured out how to keep myself from feeling like someone was trying to pull my lungs up through my throat.  Here's the exciting news from Nike (click on image for a larger view):

1 comment:

Abel said...

Thanks for writing this. I really feel as though I know so much more about this than I did before. Your blog really brought some things to light that I never would have thought about before reading it. You should continue this, I’m sure most people would agree you’ve got a gift. Thanks for sharing…

Forklift training Toronto