Sunday, June 19, 2011

Horton Hears a Holla!

Hard to believe a week has gone by since I have invested 14 minutes a day to 10 Minute Trainer.  I have to say, I appreciate how short it is.  That is what got me doing anything tonight.  Apparently, today, there was not enough refined sugar ON THE PLANET to assuage my binge.  Hot fudge sundae... check.  Lemonheads...check.  Peanut butter toast...check. (No, not the, "I-love-Mother-Nature-organic" crap...Jif, baby!)  So, at around 9:45 tonight, I had talked myself in to and out of working out.  Then, I came to the realization: How lame would it be, JoLynn, if you cannot even do 10 minutes of something?  And so, I sit here, waiting for my sweat factor to die down before I can try to go to bed.

Sweat? (you say incredulously)  How can you possibly be sweating?  Well, you have to recall two things: (1) I am a walking hormone.  I have had issues with body temperature since my early 30s, thanks to a lovely little condition called PCOS.  So, putting on socks makes me sweat.  (2) It's Tony Horton.  Have you done any of his workouts?  The man does not mess.

To summarize this week:
Monday: Warm up---Cardio---Cool Down (14 minutes)
Tuesday: Warm up---Total Body---Cool Down (14 minutes); Zumba (60 minutes)
Wednesday: Zumba (60 minutes); Fine Toning Express (30 minutes); No Tony Horton...are ya kidding me?  Why did I need it?
Thursday: Zumba (60 minutes); fatigue setting in; no 10 Minute Trainer
Friday: Warm up---Yoga Flex (12 minutes)
Saturday: Warm up---Total Body---Cool Down (14 minutes)
Sunday: Warm up---Cardio---Cool Down (14 minutes)

Foodwise, I have hovered between the same two-pound range.  Depends on the day.  If I had eaten and not worked out, I would have definitely gained.  No question.  Too much convenience eating.  At least when I was in school, I was in control of lunch (which was usually an Uncrustable).  This week was sad for me AND my kids.  We will be correcting that next week.  My complexion and my attitude will thank me.  But that sundae was awfully good. :)

No comments: