Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Length of Summer

In a recent trip to Florida, the hubs and I talked about living there.  My conclusion?  Nope.  Why?  I love the change of seasons.

Fall brings changing leaves, cooler temperatures, and brilliant colors.  In my life, it also means a new group of students and a new year of learning for the whole family.  Winter brings the wonderful blanket of snow (some years more than others), the holidays, and the chill necessary for renewal.  Spring brings buds, and blooms, and the promise that, no matter what dormancy we've seen, life goes on.  

And then there's summer.  I must say, it is my favorite.  It contains my birthday, the hubs' birthday, our anniversary, the Fourth of July, and usually some much needed "recharging."  I get to mainly be a wife and mom, with some professional development sprinkled here and there.  We also have time to take extended trips and spend quality time together as a family.

Usually, I feel like summer flies by.  But, in reality, summer has roughly the same amount of days every year.  This summer, I was intentional and consistent about documenting my days in Project Life scrapbook layouts.  If you click on the link, you can see them on my sscrapbooking blog.  I am currently working on my Disney weeks.  They should be up in the next few days. 

You know what?  It makes summer seem quite long and entirely enjoyable.  I not only enjoy making the pages, but also I enjoy looking at them and seeing a really full, delightful summer.   I think my doing a photo-a-day concept has allowed me to appreciate the days that go by.  I am glad to have documented them, and maybe slowed the passage of time just a bit to savor moments like this one:

 

No comments: