Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is Pilates Reformer?

I have signed up for a session of Pilates Reformer classes at 4 Seasons. I have done a few Pilates classes, sprinkled with a bit of yoga here and there. However, Pilates Reformer uses a Reformer machine, and, from what I can tell from two sessions, that makes all the difference.

My first class was Tuesday, and, despite the lights being out and everyone being seemingly calm, I was sweating and shaking a-plenty. By Wednesday night, I was seriously sore in places that I am certain haven't been worked in years. Today, we had a snowstorm, and I was worried that my class would be canceled, as I knew I needed it... my legs were hurting. To my happiness, we had class, and I was the only one there, so I had a trainer to myself (for $8!). That was kind of cool.

If you would like to know more, or even see what exactly people do on this machine, this is a good link. Basically, it's supposed to strengthen your core, which is, in turn, supposed to support your back and joints. I am hopeful! I definitely can tell I shall be more limber.

No comments: