Friday, January 4, 2013

Oh, No You Di-in't

Yep, I did.

Last year, I started a journey with Cathy Zielske's Move More, Eat Well 2012.  I lasted through March, and then fell off the scrapbooking wagon.  In fact, I fell off a couple wagons.

I had successfully (?) gotten back into some rotten habits with workaholism.  And I slowly felt the insidious crud known as depression trying to grab hold again.  I was knee-deep in a Master's program, and looking down the barrel of having very little down time.  Then, when my grandmother died this summer, it sealed the depression deal: back to meds I went.

The idea of "catching up" with the Zielske and Edwards albums was daunting.  I thought they were doable because they were once a month and relatively painless.  And yet, I could not seem to keep up.  I allowed life to get in the way.

So, I decided 2 things: 1. I will be working on my Strength album to complete that over the course of the next several months. 2. I will re-commit to MMEW 2.0, this year's version with Cathy.  Wha?  So, you screwed up last year and now you are doing it again?

Well, Cathy shared that last year she gained 10 pounds.  She was leading a class of 1500 people, and she found the struggle to be a big one.  I am looking at the cusp of a weight gain that has a lot to do with being back on meds, and an equal amount to do with me and this weird brain of mine.  She was honest and real on her blog.  I respect that.

So, this journey will be tacked into last year's scrapbook, and we begin anew, this year embarking on the Serotonin Power Diet to see if I can target the area that most wishes to do me harm: the chemicals in my brain.  And I am committing to documenting WHATEVER.  If I am successful, it will be in there.  Unsuccessful--> it's going in.  I am embracing the journey, already moving quite a bit, thanks very much, but certainly NOT eating well.  This will be my year to change those habits, hopefully for good.  Or at least become aware of what is going on with me.

So, off I go!  Move More Eat Well 2.0.  Let's see where this adventure leads.

No comments: