Monday, January 7, 2013

Serotonin Power Diet, Day 1

Today I began the Serotonin Power Diet.  My goals:
  • To curb binge eating urges brought on by stress and my brain's reaction to my antidepressant.
  • To reel in harmful eating habits that I have acquired.  
  • To try to control nutrition to increase my body's ability to calm itself.
  • To keep from gaining any more weight, and to hopefully lose at least what I have gained since August.
I powered up my Lose It! app again.  Thank God it doesn't say something like, "Oh, it's YOU again!" when I open it. It welcomed me with open arms, well, OK, that's hyperbole.  However, some mechanism for tracking is quite welcome.  Being the data-phile that I am, I also love the stats I get with Lose It!.  Below shows today's breakdown.


I know, all the protein lovers out there just gasped.  However, the first two weeks are quite low in protein.  The diet consists of precariously placed carbs throughout the day, especially at dinner.  The vegetable part is my worst.  I am trying.  I got more vegetables in my system today than I have in a very long time.  In all, 1513 calories were consumed, I was honest with my tracking, and I stayed true to the diet (except for a couple of mints which were necessary after the onions at lunch, trust me).

Scott insists he feels better.  For me, it's hard to judge since I am presently medicated and since I feel like I am coming down with a cold.  Plus today was the first day back to "work" after two weeks at home.  Many shocks hit this system.

A really hard thing for me is the desire (not need) to snack.  We just finished a snack full of pure carbs: toasted marshmallows!  Still, I find that I have to retrain my brain to not want to eat while I work at night.  Wish me luck!

No comments: