Friday, June 20, 2008

Family Night

We went to Family Night at Boy Scout camp tonight. It was our first communication with Ignatius in 5 days. He looked great! I think his week had ups and downs, but, overall, he seemed very healthy and happy.

This is my son... we get there and he says he has things he bought for us from the camp store. Mind you, I gave him money for snacks throughout the week, and he buys US something. Hence, the cookie picture. He bought us Grandma's Fudge Chocolate Chip cookies, Twizlers, and Nerds Rope. Now, if you didn't know Ignatius well (or me) you might think these sound like his "gift" is reminiscent of Homer's bowling ball gift to Marge. Au contraire, mon frere. I love Nerds Rope and Twizlers, and Max loves cookies. So, it was really quite thoughtful.

It was sad to leave him. He was trying to keep it together, as were we. I did better than his father. However, he returns tomorrow at noon. Yeah! Below is a slide show of some of tonight's festivities. We had to leave a bit early with Max, but we were there for a nice portion of the festivities.


No comments: