Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Believe I Can Fly

Today at 9 AM, Ignatius got the chance to go up in an airplane as part of the Young Eagles program. I think we were both a bit nervous. It was a gorgeous day with almost no wind... a rarity around here lately.

Here are some photos, followed by an interview with Ignatius.




Mom: What did it feel like when you took off?
Ignatius: It felt like I was in weightlessness for a little bit, but then it felt like I was on the ground.
Mom: What could you see?
Ignatius: I could see a bunch of cars that looked like toys. I saw a biker. He looked like an ant. And I saw lots of lakes, buildings, and fields. Waterson Towers [at ISU] looked like a little building.
Mom: What did you hear over the headset?
Ignatius: We could talk to each other, so I heard the voices of the other people on the plane. I also heard the voices of the pilot and the people on the radio.
Mom: What was landing like?
Ignatius: It felt like the plane was about to explode, actually, but it was a little fun, too.
Mom: Are you glad you did it?
Ignatius: Oh, yeah!

No comments: