Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy anniversary to us!

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary (20 years as a couple in September). People asked, "So what are you doing for your anniversary?" We did the things we like best... relaxing with the family. Scott had to work, I had my hair done, Ignatius had percussion lessons. The day went on as is typical with us. We got some take out from Logan's Roadhouse, as Max is not quite restaurant-friendly at this stage of the game. It was a day in the life, and that was just fine with all parties involved.

Here is a photo of the scrapbook page I needed to do today. It focuses on Ignatius, who will be attending Boy Scout camp next week. I have been nervous for several reasons that I shall not enumerate here regarding his spending his first extended stay away from one of us. Then the paper comes with news of a camp in Iowa that has a severe tragedy. Under my scan of the front page of The Pantagraph from June 12, I have journaled my feelings about this in reference to sending my son an hour and a half away. He's terrified of tornadoes. Those who know me well know I have NEVER been a big fan of them, and the fact that I live in Tornado Central is an enigma to most. Anyway, I thought I would share my page with the world. I guess I just need to send him off and pray.
Tomorrow, he will be going up in a plane through the Junior Eagles program, so I will have more about that, and some photos, I am sure.

1 comment:

gpark said...

First thanks for the blog for the rest of us. I found the craft thing confusing. Of course, this comes from a guy whose idea of crafts is the castle he once built out of empty Budweiser cans.
Ah yes the dreaded first day of Boy Scout Camp! I remember that day as well. When we dropped Ryan off for the first time I came to the realization that the camp staffs and scout leaders really know what they were doing and we left him in good hands. When we picked him up I realized how greatful I was that he got some experiences that I could never have given him and that I never would have been equipped or qualified to give him the time that he had spent. Tornados were not much of a threat, however the problems in the mountains of Northern Massachusets was black bears. They actually had one rummage through their campgrounds one evening in a trash can adjacent to Ryan's tent. The staff did not allow a group of about 20 twelve year olds get out of hand or in harms way. So nothing to worry except for the ride home because usually the kids do not shower the whole wee of camp. P-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!