Saturday, August 16, 2008

Keeping us on our toes

More change. I think God is afraid I will get bored.

I was informed yesterday that I will be moving to a fourth grade position, as enrollment has shifted in the district. I am very happy to be staying at the elementary where I was going to be a Title 1 interventionist. I wasn't really aware that shifts like that happened and there could be upheaval so close to the beginning of the school year.

I feel bad for the person who is leaving the school. He will be teaching first grade elsewhere. I know he is probably feeling unsettled right now, too.

I really am quite calm amidst the chaos. I am grateful for a chance to spread my wings in a lower grade. Fourth grade is absolutely a perfect age of child. My departed friend, Marita, was a fourth grade teacher for a long time, so I have someone to watch over me in my transition.

So... onward to fourth grade! A fun year it shall be. I think I will learn as much as the kids!

No comments: