Thursday, August 21, 2008

No, JoLynn, they are NOT sixth graders!

What a great morning! Teaching fourth graders is definitely a different experience. I have 28 students in my class. I got a glimpse of all their little personalities today.

I planned way too much, so tomorrow we are SLOWING down. The multiple steps that sixth graders tried to accomplish takes twice as long with fourth graders. A lesson well-learned.

We started the day with an optional faculty prayer time, which was a terrific way to start. Then, we went outside to the children. My partner, Randy, and I definitely win the prize for the longest lines on the playground. We are hoping that they won't accept any more 4th graders, but we shall see.

Ignatius had his first full day of sixth grade. I neglected to get my traditional first day of school photo, so we will have to snap one tomorrow. He loves sixth grade. He is in a class with lots of great, affirming kids. Can't ask for anything more.

No comments: