Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter Break - Day 8

The sun was out and the weather mild.  Still, I could not convince Max to leave the house.  He adores being home.  I think the pace of the first semester just about wore the kid out.  His vacation is just being home.  I gotta respect that.

As you can see, I was busy piling things on to my plate.  I should not say it so negatively.  I am setting up projects for myself that I will enjoy completing and will keep the creative side of my brain from dying out completely.  So, two scrapbook projects, in addition to ones already in motion.  That's what 2012 will bring.

It was interesting, because the first part of the Move More, Eat Well project involved Scott and I coming up with 5 things that we are good at.  This was terribly hard for my hubby, which made me realize that he honestly believes the things he can list are things "anyone" can do if they just try.  Now, one would think he was just being irritatingly humble, but, in truth, this was a very challenging task for him.  We had--I guess it was a "discussion"-- about this for quite some time.  I did not want to give him the answers.  I wanted them to come intrinsically, as that is what the true spirit of the exercise included.  I had to be a very creative interrogator.  Eventually, I think five things came to the forefront.  More on this as the project unfolds.

I attempted to work on science grades today.  It'll get there.  I swear.

Did some Zumba. Great class.  I plan to try out my new Wii game on Saturday.  I think we will also be de-Christmasing the house on Saturday.

Scott is currently watching The Big Bang Theory on TBS.  Laughing his behind off.  Made me come see Sheldon/Ignatius.

I am still pining for snow.  I think I am out of luck.  Will this be one of those years where we get snow in April?  Because that will tick me off.

No comments: